• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing existing files doesn't work anymore
(04-25-2024, 03:28 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Douwe,

That setting used to be on by default, so unless you turned it off yourself, it would have created subdirectories in the past. Please do me a favor:

1) Right-click/long-press on the first instance of "Time Passages (in Eb)" to select it and tap/click "Edit Song" at the top of the screen
2) Go to the files tab and tap/click the icon to the right of the file in the list that looks like a circle with an i in it.
3) A popup should appear showing the full path to the file. Please let me know what path is listed. If the path contains a subdirectory, then that's why a conflict didn't occur, and you will need to follow the instructions I provided previously with backing up your library and restoring it. If the path does not contain a subdirectory under the storage location, then please go to Settings->Other Settings->Find Missing Files and let me know how many missing files are listed, as I don't know how the file could have been in the root storage location folder without a conflict being generated when you imported that file again. 1

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

I've checked these steps that you describe. The path for both of the instances of "Time Passages (in Eb)" is same:
C:\Users\douwe\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState\Time passages (in Eb).pdf
C:\Users\douwe\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState\Time passages (in Eb).pdf

The result of checking missing files is: "No files are missing in the library"

In other cases I came across with these duplicates, I found the any added text of marking in MobileSheets are saved and visible in the original of the duplicates, but not in the newly added one. I could reproduce that now in the case of "Time Passages (in Eb)". I can add marking in one of the instances, nut the marking is not shown in the other one.

Thanks for looking innto this, I hope you can find the cause of this behaviour!

Regards,
Douwe

Messages In This Thread
RE: Replacing existing files doesn't work anymore - by douwevanderzwaag - 04-25-2024, 07:48 PM