• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
half pages turns at the end of the song
Hi Mike. Thanks for looking into the problem. I already assumed that this happens due to the (small) crops essentially and see your problems solving that.

I'm aware I could circumvent it with blank pages or better editing the PDF itself so that the short crops are indeed on a real page together but I don't like changing/editing the PDF for that. I could highlight the "moving part" so it's easier to see what happened and find it again.

Essentially I'd like to prevent the "vanishing" of the notes you are looking at. As I said it happened with this song and it was disorienting and I lost my place in the tune. But I have no good solution how to tell MS to recognize the situations where pages are too small and this can happen.

I have only one idea consisting of two parts (if possible).

Is it possible I can tell MS through the page numbering if it can and shall consider two (or more) cropped pages as one page, so a page turn turns directly to the next page after the last cropped one (still talking half pages here).

Let's say you have pages 1-3,4,5,6 and 4 and 5 are cropped to fit (cropped) on a half page. If you allow a syntax like 1-3,(4,5),6 which would treat 4,5 as a whole (half) page and turns directly to 6 appearing at the top while 4,5 stay at the bottom? Is this feasible?
Also one could use [] to indicate that a page should not integrate the next one to show together so that small crops can be turned separately as half pages without moving. Does that make sense?

This doesn't prevent the unexpected move if the user didn't prepare it beforehand and adjusts the order. So the second part could be a warning if a user crops a page that it is less than a quarter of the orginal page that this could lead to show other pages with it on the screen and to unexpected moves while page turning. (Of course there should be a box with "do not show this warning again" so it doesn't pop up every time and nags, but you would have done a warning you can always refer too if somebody complains).

I don't have other ideas right now. Do you see other solutions to the (probably relatively rare) problem?

Messages In This Thread
half pages turns at the end of the song - by BRX - 04-26-2024, 08:46 AM
RE: half pages turns at the end of the song - by BRX - 05-03-2024, 01:44 AM