• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I format the comments text?
So I have some potential ideas for how I would set this up. I think the current approach of having a "simple" mode with slider that changes all the text sizes at once, and provide basic settings for chord colors and such is how I want to leave that. If the user switches to "Advanced", I will no longer use sliders and such, and would just have a button per thing the user can configure, such as

title
subtitle
chorus tab
comment
comment_italic
comment_box

and so on. If a button is tapped, it pops up a floating window with a slider for the size, a font selection, bold, italic, color and any other settings specific to that thing. 

This will mean a significant number of new database fields, reworking the existing dialog almost entirely with a huge number of non-trivial UI changes, and an enormous amount of changes across the entire text file and chord pro functionality. If I had to guess, this will push back the development at least a full month, if not more, to properly support all of this across all three platforms (and the companion app), as I still have to spend around 60% of every day on customer support. So I would really like to hear that this is strongly desired and needed from as many users that care as possible. I'm also still not done with all the existing chord pro work I want to complete for the next update (chord diagrams with all of the necessary UI support and settings, support for as many chord pro directives as possible, and fixed page sizes).

The fewer users that respond to this, the harder it will be for me to gauge it's importance compared to other features such as:
  • annotation additions (dynamic tools like a slur tool, single line staff, more stamps, moving annotations between layers, synchronizing annotations with book mode, etc)
  • song versioning
  • more custom group fields
  • groups of setlists and collections
  • options to copy MIDI commands
  • turning pages at certain positions in audio playback
  • the filters rework with the new side panel to allow users to pick which filters to display and in what order
  • support for multiple monitors
  • library storage isolation and options to more quickly switch libraries (and see which library is active)
  • support for tabs of loaded songs/setlists
  • setlist archiving
  • song metrics
  • CSV importing to update metadata and support for CSVs that list multiple PDFs
  • coloring of library entries
  • a tuner
  • an onscreen piano keyboard

Those are just a few of things on my list. It's really hard to figure out what is most important to people, because I get so many different requests. Right now, I'm getting very few requests for chord pro changes, so I'm starting to think I may be prioritizing things incorrectly. So I need to hear from more users.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
Can I format the comments text? - by DamoS - 05-06-2024, 03:49 PM
RE: Can I format the comments text? - by DamoS - 05-07-2024, 06:18 AM
RE: Can I format the comments text? - by itsme - 05-07-2024, 03:16 PM
RE: Can I format the comments text? - by Zubersoft - 05-07-2024, 05:02 PM
RE: Can I format the comments text? - by itsme - 05-07-2024, 09:58 PM
RE: Can I format the comments text? - by RoSong - 05-08-2024, 01:11 AM
RE: Can I format the comments text? - by spflmf - 05-08-2024, 06:33 PM