• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing a page from a file keeping annotations
Is there any way to swap in a new page in a file without disrupting the other annotations in that file?

Example: right now I have a 17 page file and I've marked up the first 14 pages. At the end of the piece, the music goes into an inconvenient key for my instrument and I want to replace it with an enharmonic respelling. I have a PDF copy of the respelled section ready to go. If this were paper, I would either pull out the pages in sharps and replace them with the version in flats, or I would just tape the new version over the top of the old...

So far, the only way I know how to do this is to export the file as a PDF, transfer it to my computer, swap out the pages using a PDF reader/editor, and then import the changed file back into MobileSheets. BUT, when I do this, the previous annotations become fixed; in paper terms, they've become "ink" rather than "pencil". When I inevitably change my mind/find errors in my previous markings, I won't be able to erase them.

Is there any way to swap out a page without "inking in" my whole file's annotations?
Or, alternatively, is there a way to lift annotations out of one file and stick them into a new file? (In which case I could change the PDF and then import the annotations from my old version onto the new version; since the unswapped pages would be identical they would presumably all end up correct.)
Or, can I combine pages from multiple documents into one file? (Then I could make a Frankenstein part with the first 14 pages from version one and the last 3 from a new file.)

Hope that makes sense. In case it's important, I'm using MobileSheets on a Boox TabX.
Thanks in advance!

Messages In This Thread
Replacing a page from a file keeping annotations - by IngridNZ - 05-15-2024, 04:04 PM