• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rename file used in multiple songs
That is one scenario that I didn't account for. Renaming a file shared by multiple songs is currently an issue. Is the right behavior to update every song in the entire library that uses the same file to use the new name? Given that all libraries share the same storage location, I'd also have to handle songs outside the current library as well, adding even more complexity. Or are there some scenarios where a user might want to rename the file for one song but leave the other songs with the other name? I just want to hear some thoughts on this before proceeding with any changes. 

Given the current limitations, the advice by itsme is probably the best way to go. The problem is that, MobileSheets won't currently let you rename a file to match the name of an existing file in the library, so you will have no way of fixing your other songs to use the new name. If you rename the file outside MobileSheets, MobileSheets is not going to find the file (it's not going to know that the file was renamed). If deleting and reimporting is not a big deal, then that would certainly work.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rename file used in multiple songs - by itsme - 05-16-2024, 06:14 PM
RE: Rename file used in multiple songs - by Zubersoft - 05-17-2024, 04:21 AM