• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SImple setup required
Aargh - now you're asking a more difficult question.

I've just noticed that you are using an ipad whereas I am using android. However, as Mike says he is trying to keep the platforms similar that shouldn't matter.

I hadn't realised that it was "Scottish Waltz"es and "Irish Jig"s - ny reply was assuming you could have Scottish Jigs and Scottish Airs as well.

Assuming you don't have things like "Scottish Jig"s then you can probably just use collections rather than using the Source type. This would simplify things greatly.

It is possible to arrange a folder tree on your pc and and perform a batch import which automatically fills in the metadata fields from the folder names but that is something I've never done and in your case is probably not worth investigating.

I would just batch import each folder separately (assuming you don't have hundreds of folders)
Tap Import and select "Batch Import"
Select "Automatically Crop Pages"  (reduces size of margins)
Select "Use Filename as Title" (not Guess Title from Filename as that may tweak the names)
Set Collection to the name you want e.g. "Scottish Waltzes" (use New if it doesn't already exist).
Select the Import directory (at top on android device) and Press Start (top line)

This will copy the files into the MobileSheets area and you no longer need your source folder (but keep it anyway!)
Repeat for the other folders.

As you are new to MobileSheets, I suggest you play around with just a couple of folders/collections first to see how it all works and, if necessary, re-initialise the database and start again from scratch! It is easier to correct poor choices at this stage than later.

Once you have set up all your folders, don't forget to use MS to make a backup of it's information (and also make regular backups). It sounds as though you are a performer so I recommend not having MS auto update - you don't want an unexpected update immediately prior to a performance. Turning off autoupdate means that you can choose a suitable time for updating (and I suggest you always create a MS backup before each manual update).

You've chosen a great product

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6

Messages In This Thread
SImple setup required - by Alcluith68 - 05-22-2024, 08:35 PM
RE: SImple setup required - by Geoff Bacon - 05-22-2024, 11:06 PM
RE: SImple setup required - by Alcluith68 - 05-23-2024, 12:28 AM
RE: SImple setup required - by Geoff Bacon - 05-23-2024, 01:13 AM
RE: SImple setup required - by Alcluith68 - 05-23-2024, 03:21 AM
RE: SImple setup required - by Geoff Bacon - 05-23-2024, 03:45 AM
RE: SImple setup required - by samibe - 05-26-2024, 02:55 AM
RE: SImple setup required - by Alcluith68 - 05-26-2024, 06:57 PM