• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Library Backup Restore & Library Sync in Multiple Library Setup in Same Device
I need some guidance and clarification on the following in a setup where there is more than one Library:

1. When you do a Library Restore of a new Library to an existing setup to create a 2nd Library and the Library Backup file used may have songs that the existing Library already have, ie. with the same song file name but the songs may have identifcal or may have slightly different content.  What would be the end result since after the Library Restore, Mobile Sheet will only have one Library database that will contain the songs of both Library.  When you go and look at the actual files that ended up in the folder on the device, what do you expect to find and how will each of the 2 Library know which particular song file to use for the scenario where the song file name is the same but the content is slightly different (ie. another version of the same song).  I would think this will not be an issue in the future when 2 separate folders are used to store song files one for each Library but at this time, this is not the case.

2. What will happen when you do a Library Sync of songs in one of the Library when some of the songs may have been modified or replaced by activities in the other Library.

3. I'm trying to do a Library sync from one device to another one that have 2 song Library setup and the message "Multiple songs found with matching titles and files" keep coming up and listing several song files with different date stamp but I know that the Library in the Client device should only have one such song file.  Don't know why more than one song file is showing up and which one to pick and what to do and which file is from which Library.  Very confused and mix-up.

The reason why I like to have 2 Library and what I'm trying to do is:

1. I have a Library with several thousand songs and I'm trying to create a smaller (subset) of this massive Library in a 2nd Library on the same device where I can just include certain songs and then create some different Setlist in this smaller Library to use with one group of musicians that I play with and use this Library to share songs and sync songs with them and may also use it to create a Library Backup to help them setup their device.

2. I have 2 tablets to use for this and one I take with me to sessions and one I leave home as a master and if I make changes on the one I work with while I'm out, when I'm back, I like to sync it back to the master one at home so I can keep them the same.

Don't know what is the best approach to achieve this. Some guidance on this is greatly appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Library Backup Restore & Library Sync in Multiple Library Setup in Same Device - by Music Lover - 05-23-2024, 10:42 AM