• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone using the new Asus Zenbook Duo with two screens?
(03-08-2024, 08:09 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: One comment - I don't know if that device handles each screen as a separate monitor, or one giant monitor. The ability to use MobileSheets with it will hinge on that. If it handles each screen as a separate monitor, MobileSheets doesn't currently support multiple monitors. This is certainly something I want to add support for - I just haven't had time yet.

Mike

I have one of these laptops and can confirm that it treats each screen as a separate monitor. As a workaround, the Zenbook Duo has built in software that lets me maximize a window across both monitors. So viewing sheet music in two page mode works perfectly fine. There are some quirks though:
- Some UI things like the "Select Display Mode" popup and the "Select Page Scaling Mode" popup will appear in the middle with half on each screen
- For sheet music with an odd number of pages, the last page will be centered and display with half a page on each display. This occurs when page turn mode is set to two pages, but not when it is set to alternate pages
- Some page scaling modes will center the page relative to the entire window, which makes sense for a single large display. For this setup though, this means that the margins on the left and right edges are near-zero, and there's a massive margin in the middle. I've attached a picture of a worst case scenario. I work around this by selecting a different scaling mode

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone using the new Asus Zenbook Duo with two screens? - by maxzhu273 - 05-29-2024, 02:05 PM