• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback needed from Surface Pro X users
After hearing some reports of performance and stability issues on ARM devices, I have been reconsidering trying to release an ARM64 version of MobileSheets. Currently, I'm only releasing an x64 version of MobileSheets, and this means that emulation needs to be used on ARM devices like the Surface Pro X, which significantly slows down the application. However, if I release an ARM64 version, it will cause the following impacts for Surface Pro X users:

1) The face gesture feature will be unavailable as I can't build ARM64 versions of the libraries
2) The metronome audio will have to be switched to using Microsoft's AudioGraph for playback, which may impact the accuracy of the metronome over long periods of time (I am still investigating this)
3) The audio player will no longer support adjusting the pitch or playback speed of files, and will use Microsoft's built-in MediaPlayer for playback

On the flip side, the application will run much smoother due to the significantly improved performance and should be overall more stable as emulation would no longer be required. I am also investigating potential third party audio libraries that might provide the missing functionality.

So I need to hear feedback from more Surface Pro X users as to whether they would care about giving up those features for better performance and stability. Another option is I can distribute an ARM64 version separately through FastSpring for those customers, but most users go through the Microsoft Store, so I don't really think that is the best option.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
Feedback needed from Surface Pro X users - by Zubersoft - 06-12-2024, 04:54 AM