• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A possible difficult path away from Forescore.
A bit late for a reply, but maybe of use to others. 

The biggest reason for me changing from forscore was that I changed Yamaha keyboards (Tyros to Genos 2) and forscore really didn't want to talk to it. Once or twice I got it working and then it failed later. Support was lacking and I was running out of hair.  I only have about a dozen songs loaded whereas I had a few hundred in forscore, but I am so happy that this talks to my keyboard and that communication is so easy to configure that I won't go back again.

Now, with MobileSheets, I can bring up a song, or setlist and the keyboard will completely setup in an instant. Similarly, I could have a playlist on the keyboard and it will have MobileSheets pull up the requisite sheets. It works so well.  

I am still at the learning stage and working through the manual. I am trying to devise a new way to categorise my music and I have a post asking for some advice, but the support on here is excellent.   

You really need to read the manual as there are so many non-obvious features. Take for example, the advanced mode on the audio player. If you want to practice a certain section, there is an A-B repeat function, or you can slow it down, or even change key.  That is so handy for trying to learn a fast riff or just to slow everything down on a play-along track (mp3, midi etc) while you are learning the chords. 

So much thought and work has gone into the UI, more than I can remember at the moment, and then again, there are several indirect features such as the opportunity to completely switch music libraries or export setlists with or without sheets, for example.

Anyway, I am using it on windows and doing a lot of testing at the moment to ensure that I understand the ethos and achieve an optimal setup for me. 

I am still learning...but very impressed so far. To balance the review, there are a few very minor issues, but maybe I just haven't learnt enough yet..... 

- Andy

Messages In This Thread
RE: A possible difficult path away from Forescore. - by AndyT - 06-13-2024, 03:07 AM