• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourites - Genres Filtering
Thank you all very much for the replies. Sorry I missed the other threads; I spent quite  lot of time searching and reading. I really appreciate the suggestions and had a go at all of them, but I found something by accident. 

If I have genres called pop and favpop etc. There is a hidden AND function that works really well with no modification or extra fields. 

Mark up songs with genres: 2 as pop and 2 as favpop. 
   Query genre for "pop" returns 4 songs: pop AND "favpop" songs
   Query for "Fav" returns favourite songs across all genres
   Query "Favpop" actually only returns 2 Favpop songs EXCELLENT!

Similarly you can concatenate standard genres JazzDisco, for example, or any other combination. 
    You can query songs back using "Disco", or Jazz, or "Jazzdi" EXCELLENT!  - note the substring works too e.g. "zd" also works

It doesn't affect existing groups and it should be easy using the multiple selection approach in the Songs listing to quickly modify a specific list of songs. 

So my solution is to simply combine existing or modified Genres and then you can actually query using a subset of characters such as "vp" instead of FavPop. It is also case insensitive.... BONUS! 

Probably worth documenting as a workaround for the AND function. I am so pleased this works and I am sure it should help others. I suspect that it will work on any of the Search fields. 

P.S I found it also queries back "setlist1", which  does contain FavPop songs. If I remove them from the setlist, it is not included in the query result. 

Thanks again

- Andy

Messages In This Thread
Favourites - Genres Filtering - by AndyT - 06-13-2024, 02:14 AM
RE: Favourites - Genres Filtering - by Zubersoft - 06-13-2024, 03:48 AM
RE: Favourites - Genres Filtering - by itsme - 06-13-2024, 04:11 AM
RE: Favourites - Genres Filtering - by AndyT - 06-13-2024, 05:54 AM
RE: Favourites - Genres Filtering - by AndyT - 06-13-2024, 08:12 AM