• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are my files?
As far as the USB connection, Google either doesn't consider that a security risk or it can't lock down the USB connection in the same way that they can access for individual applications on the device.

If you can select Import->Local File and import files off the device such as the Downloads folder (which is typically located under /storage/emulated/0/Downloads on a regular Android device), then the all files access permission is granted properly (which also grants the storage permission). If you find that you can't access that location, then that permission is not granted. I loaded up my Google Pixel Slate and for me, I have to do the following to get to that setting:

Settings->Apps->Manage Google Play preferences->Android Settings->Apps->Special App Access->All files access->MobileSheets

and then I can toggle it on. Please check that for me on your device.

As far as the "My Files", I would strongly advise against trying to make that the storage location. MobileSheets cannot get writable access to anything under that folder. I believe you should get an error if you try to do that, as MobileSheets will be unable to write to the folder you selected. 

As far as the "stylized representation", that is a breadcrumb bar so that you can tap on parts of the path to go back to that point without having to type things in with a keyboard (which most tablets don't have attached).

To export your entire library, go to the songs tab, long press a song to select it, tap the select all icon in the floating toolbar at the bottom right, tap Share->Export Files, uncheck every option and select a destination. Then every file will just be copied as-is to the location you selected. That should get you what you need if you just want a copy of all of those files. Your library is not modified by this in any way. Please be aware that metadata, annotations, link points, smart buttons, etc, are all stored in the database, and not in the files, so if you export them, none of that will be present in the files. You can optionally embed annotations if you want, and the metadata can be written into the PDFs, but I'm not sure exactly what your goal is with this. You can also create a library backup under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library which contains everything in your entire library and all application settings if you are just wanting a backup. The companion app can also extract files from the backup.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Where are my files? - by ghmerrill - 07-08-2024, 04:35 AM
RE: Where are my files? - by Zubersoft - 07-08-2024, 05:25 AM
RE: Where are my files? - by ghmerrill - 07-08-2024, 07:19 AM
RE: Where are my files? - by Zubersoft - 07-08-2024, 10:16 AM
RE: Where are my files? - by ghmerrill - 07-08-2024, 11:27 PM
RE: Where are my files? - by Zubersoft - 07-09-2024, 04:34 AM
RE: Where are my files? - by ghmerrill - 07-09-2024, 09:46 AM
RE: Where are my files? - by Zubersoft - 07-09-2024, 02:06 PM
RE: Where are my files? - by ghmerrill - 07-09-2024, 10:56 PM
RE: Where are my files? - by Zubersoft - 07-10-2024, 04:13 AM