• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows installation keeps breaking post Android connectivity
Hi

I am using Windows and Android. This is the sequence of steps and MobileSheets has stopped working the same way everytime. 

1. Install MobileSheets on Windows, load a few sheets and set the midi sysex to select a registration on the Genos 2. Pick any sheet and the Genos 2 loads the correct registration  - everything is fine. Come back another day and Windows is still fine. 
  2. Plug in and select a few sheets on android - everything is fine on Android
  3. Plug back in to Windows 
  4. Click on edit song | midi | link button 
  5. Windows says: Connect to your Genos.PSR-SX Keyboard First
  6. Restart Windows AND Genos 2 - you still get error on line 5
  7. At random and nothing to do with Genos 2 restart if you get past the connect message occasionally you get a message about waiting for a registration and then link failed after a few more seconds
  8. Do another reinstall of Mobilesheets on Windows and everything is fine, until you connect to android again. Again, connection issue messages regardless of restarting the Genos 2 and or Windows 

1. This is repeatable and I have done 3 reinstalls on Windows which fixes the issue everytime without fail. The sysex must be right as it doesn't change.
  2. Problems only happen after you connect back to Windows once you have been connected to android. Without Android, you can come back to Windows as many times as you like, day after day, and everything is fine - UNTIL you connect to android again. 
  3. Although Windows doesn't work, plug back in to android and android works ok. Whenever you want to use Windows I have to reinstall MobileSheets to get things working; simply restarting Windows and/or the Genos 2 does not work. 

I was using USB-A to USB-B printer cable and so I bought a USB-C to USB-B cable, but it is the same problem. I think it might have worked ok up till I installed the Companion and Universal ADB Drivers. Not really sure. I have uninstalled the Companion for now. 

I would have thought that this was a blocking issue on the Genos 2, but restarting/replugging the G2 doesn't help. Reinstalling Mobilesheets fix the issue is a real pain. I don't mind running a registry update or something, but nothing should have changed from the last time the G2 was connected to Windows. 

Is there something I am missing/a USB reset/or some troubleshooting that I can do? Due to certain issues I need to be able to switch between the two platforms. It is easier to do some things on Windows with a keyboard and mouse, than it is on Android. 

Thanks 
- Andy

PS Added a couple of screen shots on a sheet I was trying to set up.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Windows installation keeps breaking post Android connectivity - by AndyT - 07-18-2024, 05:33 AM