• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Text annotations have gone haywire
I have found a resolution and want to give an update. As a recap, the issue was my annotated lyrics on a pdf would shift when changing from portrait to landscape and back again, the words would shrink or stretch and then not ever go back to the right spacing, no longer matching the notes.

I seem to have fixed it ...

I noticed one hymn (that has no annotations) was shrunk width-wise in a funny way. I knew that it didn't used to look that way. 

I looked at the file and it was part of a pdf book and so I checked the cropping. In the original book, there were two short songs on one page and I had hidden the song on the top half of the page to show just the one half-page song. I reset the cropping and saw that the song was on the bottom half of the page and it wasn't compressed. When I re-cropped, it compressed again. That's when I discovered the fit-screen setting. The scale mode was set on fit width. When I changed the scale to fit screen, the hymn didn't compress itself width-wise. To clarify, this song was compressing itself. There were no annotations on it.

However, it seems that I had activated the fit-width setting for all songs. I didn't notice because the full-page songs didn't look any different on the screen, but apparently it does affect some annotations, text in paticular. When I changed the default for all songs back to fit screen instead of fit width, the songs with the lyric and chord text annotations seem to have fixed themselves. They are all resized back to my original sizes and spacings. Yay!

Since I always play and sing from portrait mode, I have not checked how they look in landscape and if there's still a problem switching. I'm not planning to switch it, just in case! 

There may still be a need to adjust the code, so it doesn't stick one way on the other when shifting between portrait and landscape, especially if the fit width setting is used.

But I am thrilled that the fit-screen setting has caused all of those lines to go back to where I had originally set them, saving me from redoing 80 plus songs.

Messages In This Thread
Text annotations have gone haywire - by RoSong - 08-04-2024, 05:42 PM
RE: Text annotations have gone haywire - by RoSong - 08-12-2024, 11:53 PM