• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confusion about bookmarks...
(08-15-2024, 07:15 PM)RAc Wrote: <snip
One of my friends saw that there is a boomark tool inside MSP and used it like so: Import a multi tune pdf as a pdf (ie without bookmarks), then set individual bookmarks via the bookmark tool. You can see those bookmarks alright, but they will never show up in the tune data base.
<snip>
Hi RAc,
I'm a bit late to this party, sorry.
With the greatest of respect to your friend, I think they are trying to use the wrong feature.  Or perhaps it should be considered trying to solve the wrong problem.

As the desired goal is to be able to access individual pages/songs within a larger, multi song PDF then they should use a database entry per song which points to the correct page within the PDF.  Importing via bookmarks does exactly this.

So, you have the option to import using embedded bookmarks, or a CSV file.  If the bookmarks are already there, then that's great, use 'em, but if they're not then you have the option to use a third party PDF editor to put them in so you can import using bookmarks*, OR creating a CSV file to import such a PDF - this is the method I believe your friend should be using.  

Yes, it takes a little work to create the CSV file but probably no more than creating embedded bookmarks, and this can be done from any computer and copied to the tablet along with the PDF for import.  Also, you don't need PDF specific software to do it.  Many users use a spreadsheet and export to CSV, I prefer to use a text editor (The Semware Editor [TSE] is one I like a lot - used to be called Qedit).  Less automated but I'm not a spreadsheet savant either.

There are template spreadsheets available on the forum mentioned below.  I use a template I created for TSE.

* which is the approach you use if I'm understanding what you've said correctly.

The Import section of the manual is very helpful.

Also, see this forum - especially the "Important Threads" section:
https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...um-29.html

For what it's worth, as a very, very fresh newbie, this is one of the first things I chose to learn how to use as I knew I wanted to load up many fakebooks as well as other multi song PDFs.  It really isn't very hard.  I now have well over 7000 songs loaded and it was easy as pie to do.  Especially considering the CSV forum has premade CSV files** for many of the fakebooks I wanted to load up.

** I did need to edit some of them for my particular PDFs but that wasn't a big deal.  Mainly just changing page numbers.
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X, and play low brass: mainly 'Bone and Tuba

Messages In This Thread
Confusion about bookmarks... - by RAc - 08-15-2024, 07:15 PM
RE: Confusion about bookmarks... - by mdavej - 08-16-2024, 01:18 AM
RE: Confusion about bookmarks... - by itsme - 08-16-2024, 02:35 AM
RE: Confusion about bookmarks... - by Zubersoft - 08-16-2024, 05:16 AM
RE: Confusion about bookmarks... - by RAc - 08-16-2024, 04:39 PM
RE: Confusion about bookmarks... - by mdavej - 08-17-2024, 05:17 AM
RE: Confusion about bookmarks... - by RAc - 08-18-2024, 01:19 AM
RE: Confusion about bookmarks... - by mdavej - 08-18-2024, 03:45 AM
RE: Confusion about bookmarks... - by RAc - 08-21-2024, 12:23 AM