• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COMPLETELY changing database and files?
(08-29-2024, 05:11 PM)itsme Wrote: "While MobileSheets supports "Collections", they are of almost no use if multiple "collections" of songs are VERY SIMILAR.g."
This is definitely wrong.

MobileSheets allows various solutions for your task. Here's one o them:
You could e.g. keep the same song titles and use a collection for each of your line-ups. With the collection / line-up in the database you need to make it visible on the songs tab and in the setlist editor. To do so add the collection via "Library Settings - Song Title Formatting" either to Title or Caption of the songs. Set "Show caption" and "Use formatted title for sorting".
So your different groups can easily share scores or have individual scores as required.
Filter by Collection while working with one of your groups and while preparing set lists.

Dear "itsme" .....

I have tried what you suggested, but it only partially works.

Specifically, I had the Title Formatting contain the following:  %TITLE% ~~ %COLLECTIONS%  and I enabled "Use formatted title for sorting".

When IMPORTING a COLLECTION from another user, it DID add the "COLLECTION" name to the end of the title......BUT....that's ALL that got changed.

The STORAGE FOLDER that holds the .PDF files and the .mp3 audio files gets created with JUST the "TITLE" (without the "COLLECTION" added).....
      and then MobileSheets CONTINUES to use OLD copies of the .PDF and .MP3 files that it "saw" earlier, WITHOUT the "COLLECTION" as part of the file names.

WORSE:

I HAVE turned off "Let MobileSheets Manage My Files"..............BUT.............while it CREATES new files in the folder location I specified, it
     appears to IGNORE them, and prefer to use the OLD files it copied (when I *DID* let MobileSheets manage my files.)    I have NO IDEA
     where THAT storage location is, and can't find it...........but as long as it exists, MobileSheets won't use the new folders I have specified.

SO.......HOW can I create a TRUELY SEPARATE LIBRARY, that won't be affected by files MobileSheets "saw" earlier????   This is a SERIOUS problem....

Messages In This Thread
RE: COMPLETELY changing database and files? - by William Mohat - 09-03-2024, 05:54 AM