• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COMPLETELY changing database and files?
(08-30-2024, 06:29 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: An option is being added very soon (one of the 3.9.X updates) to isolate storage for each library so that a different subdirectory is used for each library. That should resolve this issue.

Mike

Mike:

Simply specifying a "different subdirectory for each library" may not be enough.   For some reason, MobileSheets will
"see" it's private, HIDDEN data files, and will prefer to use THOSE, instead of only the files in the specified subdirectory.

I'll explain:

I've TURNED OFF  "Let MobileSheets Manage My Files"......and I've specified a NEW subdirectory, THINKING I was starting
from scratch.  There WAS no "mobilesheets.db" file in that new subdirectory, so there SHOULD NOT be any conflict with
ANY files that I try to load.    AND, I deleted ALL database and music files I could find, on the ENTIRE TABLET.

BUT....when I start to import files from another user, MobileSheets CONTINUALLY complains about "duplicate
file names", and asks if I want to OVERWRITE or RENAME, or CANCEL.    (These users have files with the same names,
but the music is in different KEYS, or are different ARRANGEMENTS of the same songs.)   Loading into a completely different
subdirectory should eliminate any conflicts, but MobileSheets CLEARLY is continuing to "look" at files it had stored previously.
This includes BOTH the .pdf files, and any attached .mp3 audio files as well.   And I   KNOW without any doubt that MobileSheets
has COMPLETE, OLD COPIES of files it has "seen before".

It's clear that MobileSheets has some kind of HIDDEN DATABASE file, that I cannot see or delete, that continues to point
MobileSheets at HIDDEN COPIES of files that I have ERASED from every directory that I have access to.   The conflicts persist.

SO......if your 3.9.X update allows people to switch subdirectories, WHAT ABOUT THE HIDDEN, PRIVATE DATABASE that 
MobileSheets REALLY LOOKS AT FIRST?   Will THAT get swapped out and  re-created in the new subdirectory as well, or not?
If not, this won't really work as intended.

--Bill

Messages In This Thread
RE: COMPLETELY changing database and files? - by William Mohat - 09-03-2024, 06:11 AM