• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COMPLETELY changing database and files?
The only "hidden" files in MobileSheets is the database file (and it's not hidden if you enable "Expose Database") as well as the application settings (which you can export under Settings->Backup and Restore->Export Settings). It's must more likely there is just some confusion over how the application works. First off, as I mentioned, the database is not stored in the storage location by default. It's stored in a location that is not accessible by users. If you enable the "Expose Database" option, then the database file is stored in the storage location. You want a clean slate, what you should be doing is going to Settings->Other Settings->Clear Library, as that would clear out all of the files and the database. You should also delete any files that might be in the storage location (which is /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files by default). Please note that the default storage location is not accessible by other apps on Android 11 or higher due to restrictions in the OS itself. I don't know how you went about clearing things out, so I just wanted to mention this.

If you truly want a clean slate, just uninstalling the app, unchecking any option to keep application data, and then reinstalling it would be the most thorough approach. Then you can change the storage location if desired, uncheck the "Let MobileSheets Manage my Files" option, create your new folder at a simple location (like /storage/emulated/0/MobileSheets) and then place all of your PDFs under that folder. You can then import them, and I 100% guarantee you there won't be conflicts of any kind regardless of how you named those files.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: COMPLETELY changing database and files? - by Zubersoft - 09-03-2024, 07:46 AM