• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COMPLETELY changing database and files?
If I let Mobilesheets Manage My Files, BUT I SPECIFY a DIRECTORY......and I have "Create Subdirectories For Songs" checked......Mobilesheets makes a separate folder for EVERY song.  Inside each folder are the song .PDF files...........AND ALSO any .mp3 audio files I might have associated with that song name.

Now, if I EXPORT the files, I get everything, but all rolled up into a single  .msf file    (I can't see or edit the original folders.)  No good...

Now, if I SHARE the files, I get a collection of ONLY the PDFs, with NONE of the .mp3 files included.    That's no good either.

Now, if I simply COPY all the SONG  FOLDERs from the specified storage location, I can move them to a PC, and edit the names of all of the files, so the new modified song names will indicate which "library" they belong in.

What I would THEN LIKE TO DO is then BATCH IMPORT all of these songs back into MobileSheets.   MobileSheets DOES have a BATCH IMPORT,
but it ONLY BRINGS IN THE .PDF file.........it does NOT bring in the AUDIO .mp3 files that are included in the same SONG folder.   They CLEARLY BELONG TOGETHER, but the BATCH IMPORT doesn't bring in the audio files as well.

IS THERE ANY WAY to have MobileSheets BATCH import from a collection of song folders,
 and bring in BOTH the music score   .PDF file, AND ALSO bring in any .mp3 audio files that 
are in the SAME FOLDER as the PDF?    If I could do this, it would save me a LOT of time.

Thanks for your help with this.......
Bill

Messages In This Thread
RE: COMPLETELY changing database and files? - by William Mohat - 09-10-2024, 06:27 AM