• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page edit / snipping issues
Hi,

I've been having some problems with page editing. Currently version 3.9.0 - Windows 11 on Surface Pro 9. Crash reports are on.

Basically I've been attempting to copy snippets from one page to another, or to a new inserted blank page to workaround some fiendish page turns.

First:

Might be the behaviour is different to what I expected
  • I created a duplicate of one of the pages, lets say page 6, using the rearrange pages feature.
  • I then used the snipping tool to cut the bottom section of the duplicate page 6 and move it to the top, and then copy the top section of page 7, and paste it to the bottom of the duplicate page 6.

This seemed to work ok, however when checking through the snipping changes had affected the original page 6 as well as the duplicate obscuring the notation at the top of that page as well.

Second:

After starting from scratch with a clean import file as the snip changes could not be rolled back, this time:
  • I inserted a blank page after page 6.
  • I then used snip to copy/paste the bottom of page 6 and top of page 7 to the new page '6a'. No cutting involved.
  • Once finished, flipping back to another page the grey screen with 'thinking wheel' animation came up.
  • I left it for about ten minutes with no change. After that tried flipping back and forth for a few pages.
  • The others were fine, but 6a still showed the thinking wheel, and then the application crashed.

After the crash the new page was still there, but very very blank... I had a quick third attempt, but again when scrolling pages the app either crashes when I get to the new page, or reverts to the blank insert.

Any ideas?

Messages In This Thread
Page edit / snipping issues - by KgBuntu - 10-02-2024, 06:47 PM
RE: Page edit / snipping issues - by Geoff Bacon - 10-02-2024, 10:03 PM
RE: Page edit / snipping issues - by KgBuntu - 10-02-2024, 10:52 PM
RE: Page edit / snipping issues - by Zubersoft - 10-03-2024, 03:52 AM