• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solution for MobileSheetsPro suddenly returning to the library screen
(10-13-2024, 05:15 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: From what I've been able to gather so far by working with BluesBoy, the application is being completely restarted the OS. I don't really know why the OS is doing that, but it's not something I can prevent. Having said that, the one guess I have is that maybe MobileSheets is trying to use too much memory, and the OS decides to restart it to reclaim resources, so my next test is going to be to significantly limit the memory usage on chromebook devices (meaning fewer pages will be cached in memory) to see if that prevents the OS from restarting the application randomly.

Mike

Intersting... I do not know much about application programming, but I know that both Windows and Linux services support a kind of software watchdog, meaning that the service/daemon managers periodically try to decide if the service is still alive and if not restart it. Maybe there is something similar in app app development layer?

if this is reproducable on a Windows device, I suggest reading out the application and system event log and search those for entries matching the time of restart. To do that, simply type "event viewer" in the task bar search box, hit ok if asked whether you want that app to make changes to your system (it will not, just requires admin privileges) and open Windows logs from the list on the left, then scroll through system and application events.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Solution for MobileSheetsPro suddenly returning to the library screen - by RAc - 10-13-2024, 07:55 PM