• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solution for MobileSheetsPro suddenly returning to the library screen
Wow amazing detective work Mike and Bluesboy!  I can't remember reliably, but 7pm could well align with every time I've seen this problem.  Looking forward to hearing more about future results of this investigation.

In the meantime, here's some more data, which may lend further weight to the 7pm theory:

Recently I set up a new Chromebook with the same library which I just bought so that I could have a backup in case this problem happened mid-performance, and also so that I could have them both operating in book mode.  (During setup I encountered several other problems unrelated to this one which I'll report in separate threads.)

After finally getting book mode working with my Airturn BT105, to my dismay, at some point in the first 30 minutes I experienced what seemed to be this same problem, or at least something very similar, which affected both Chromebooks simultaneously!  This was a big disappointment, because one of the reasons I bought the new Chromebook was based on the assumption that if this bug resurfaced, it would not affect the other Chromebook.

By "simultaneously", I mean within a fraction of a second of each other.  At the time, I assumed that this was some kind of cascading failure where the issue on one side triggered the same thing on the other side.  However, the 7pm theory could provide a different explanation for why the restart happened on both at the same time.

Almost exactly the same thing happened a day or two later.  On this occasion I'm much more confident it would have been around 7pm, because it was right at the end of a rehearsal before a gig which I think started at 7.30pm.

Here is the setup I had:
  • Brand new Lenovo Ideapad Duet 5 as the Bluetooth group leader (positioned on the left-hand side)
  • Old Google Pixel Slate joined to the Bluetooth group (positioned on the right). This is the one which I have previously seen spontaneously returning to the library screen.
  • Airturn BT105 paired with the Pixel Slate over Bluetooth (for some reason it doesn't work with the Lenovo even when successfully sending keypresses to the MSP pedal settings page).  Even though it's turning pages on the follower, this succesfully turns pages on the leader too.

What I saw:
  • Both machines returned to the library screen within a fraction of a second of each other.  However the Lenovo (leader) seemed hopelessly confused, since the library screen was empty and unresponsive.  (I can share a photo of this if it helps.)
  • After this, I had to kill and restart the Lenovo app as it was totally unusable.  However, when this exact same problem happened again the next day a restart wasn't necessary.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Solution for MobileSheetsPro suddenly returning to the library screen - by aspiers - Yesterday, 03:39 AM