• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
usb + charging
Just a followup on this...
I bought the correct resistor and some micro-usb connectors and made a rig per the spec but it doesn't work on my tablets. Admittedly I am using cheap no-name tablets. I suspect that this feature is simply not implemented on these tablets although I have no way of knowing if it is a deficiency in hardware or software. It's entirely possible that this would work on a name brand tablet and if I get hold of one I will test it to see.

In the meantime I have come up with a workaround that should get me by. I used a small, powered usb hub that has a micro-usb connector for charging at one end and replaced the ends to create a charger/hub/otg cable. Basically, I connect a power supply and my footswitch to this hub then I can use one end to charge and the other end acts as an OTG cable. I just have to remember to swap which end is plugged into my tablet depending on how I want it to function.

It's not what I had in mind but it'll do until something better comes along.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Tablet: dopo EM63 w/Android 4.2.2
Pedal: Tatoo pedal wired through the usb interface board from a busted keyboard and connected using an OTG cable.
Mount: Manos Mount on a sawed off tripod mic stand.

Messages In This Thread
usb + charging - by bobrhett - 12-11-2013, 08:02 AM
RE: usb + charging - by Skip - 12-12-2013, 01:31 AM
RE: usb + charging - by jeffn1 - 12-12-2013, 03:54 AM
RE: usb + charging - by bobrhett - 12-12-2013, 08:19 AM
RE: usb + charging - by bobrhett - 12-29-2013, 08:34 AM