• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STANDARD MUSIC DOCUMENTATION LIBRARY
Yes he has. Though it's certainly some other big features away before he attends to it.

I think (and hope) it is not to complicated (at least not more than chordpro) since there's excellent and free (rather open source) code that can be used and in my expectation the main thing is to put a renderer (essentially a html browser) into MS and just use that code and connect that to the other capabilities of MS.

I'm a particular fan of Jef Moine's abc2svg which he is improving daily and putting in lots of features the current ABC standard doesn't support yet. (Quite a few on my request, for instance an automatic chord grid feature long before it has been implemented in chordpro).

IMO ABC is well worth to know as a musician who writes his own sheet. Very powerful, quite easy to start with, free, can be done on a sheet of paper (though it's power unfolds on the computer when rendered) and more. It's very common and known in folk/traditional music where it is stems from. Not so much in other areas (a pity).

If you want to know more, the biggest and best place to start from is https://abcnotation.com (or just ask here).

Messages In This Thread
RE: STANDARD MUSIC DOCUMENTATION LIBRARY - by BRX - 09-10-2023, 03:33 AM
RE: STANDARD MUSIC DOCUMENTATION LIBRARY - by BRX - 09-10-2023, 01:00 PM
RE: STANDARD MUSIC DOCUMENTATION LIBRARY - by BRX - 09-10-2023, 05:06 PM
RE: STANDARD MUSIC DOCUMENTATION LIBRARY - by BRX - 09-11-2023, 04:09 AM