• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSP 3.8.16 Navigation bar and cropping oddities
I've noticed a behavioural change with cropping. 
Platform is Boox TabX on Android 11 and using the Boox specific version of MSP.

I have a setlist prepared for an upcoming gig and had everything cropped to my satisfaction (nav bar showing).  Did the update from 3.8.14 to 3.8.16 and now the cropping was no longer correct at the bottom.  I found I had to adjust the crop line downward at the bottom to include parts of the page that would be hidden by the navigation bar.  Related to this is the cropped song display changes depending on whether I've just exited the crop screen or have returned to the library screen and then reopened the newly cropped song.

So OK I thought, turn off the nav bar and see what happens.  Cropping now seems to be consistent BUT the first time I go to turn a page by touching the screen, the nav bar pops up instead of turning the page.  Touch again and the page turns and behaviour stays that way.  Also when entering the crop screen, touching the screen to bring up the (whatever that display is called) to select the menu for the crop option, on first press of the crop option it shows the nav bar instead, then on the second press the crop screen shows.  This also seems to apply to all options in the menu.

I don't know if this is how nav bar behaviour has always been, though I doubt it, as this test is the first time I've turned off the nav bar (it's back on again now - all this double pressing is irritating Tongue )

For me the biggest concern is the change in cropping behaviour.  Instead of being able to specify exactly where I want the crop to appear I now have to guess and test a couple of times.

I hope this is a relatively easy fix.
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X

Messages In This Thread
MSP 3.8.16 Navigation bar and cropping oddities - by Lawrie - 10-30-2023, 06:46 AM