• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Convert "chords over lyrics" to MobileSheets ChordPro format
I've been using MobileSheets for a few months on Windows and iPad. I'm a guitar player and computer programmer, and I wanted the ability to easily convert Ultimate Guitar-style "chords over lyrics" transcriptions into MobileSheets-compatible ChordPro transcriptions. Since I couldn't find a conversion utility that met my needs, I wrote my own: https://chords.menees.com/.

The Menees Chord Sheet Converter is a free, online, open-source WebAssembly application, so it requires a modern web browser on a desktop or tablet. I primarily use it from Windows in the FireFox and Edge browsers, but I've used it some from my iPad in Safari.

I'd appreciate any feedback you have on it. I hope it's straightforward to use. Paste or edit your input on the left, and it converts to the output on the right. You pick the output format: pure ChordPro, MobileSheets-compatible ChordPro, or chords over text. It can also convert from ChordPro into chords over text or from pure ChordPro into MobileSheets-compatible ChordPro (e.g., if you're copying songs from another app).

For the programmers on the forum, the conversion work is handled by the free, open-source Menees.Chords library for .NET. If MobileSheets is a .NET app, I'd love to see a Convert button built into MobileSheets (e.g., on the Edit File or Edit Song screens) that used the library. Maybe I need to post that in the "Feature Requests and Ideas" forum instead.

Messages In This Thread
Convert "chords over lyrics" to MobileSheets ChordPro format - by menees - 10-31-2023, 07:27 PM