• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some chordpro directive issues
These are just some comments regarding my experience with chordpro directives, which I use a lot in my MobileSheets files:
  1. I change the key by using the {transpose}directive, which is much easier than redoing the chords. (The transpose button doesn't work for me, because as far as I know this won't change the key in synchronized tablets.) But, anyway, I found that {transpose} won't change the keys in choruses repeated by {chorus}. The original chorus section changes key, but not the {chorus} repeat.
  2. I put my meta data in the .cho file rather than filling it in on the Fields tab. That way, if I copy the file, the meta data will copy as well.  However, {tempo} will not propagate to "Tempos", which remains blank.
  3. I have been successful at using {textfont:light} and {textfont:black} to change a section of the text -- which I do to identify sections of the song that are repeated as instrumentals. But, I have not been successful in using {textsize} with no parameter to revert a textsize change to the default, so changing the type size did not work out. And ultimately, I would prefer to change the {textcolor} or {textcolour} (as the case may be) ... and this directive has not worked for me.

Does anyone know of a repository for .cho files? I get most of my files from UltimateGuitar, but I don't think they allow .cho files, or if they do, I haven't found any. It seems we expend endless amounts of energy retyping the exact same songs, so sharing would be good.

Messages In This Thread
Some chordpro directive issues - by basd - 01-10-2024, 07:24 AM
RE: Some chordpro directive issues - by Zubersoft - 01-10-2024, 12:01 PM
RE: Some chordpro directive issues - by basd - 01-11-2024, 10:18 AM
RE: Some chordpro directive issues - by Zubersoft - 01-11-2024, 11:10 AM