• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS crashes immediately after opening, after installing v3.8.29
(02-04-2024, 04:29 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Unfortunately, if you uninstall on Android 10 or lower, it deletes all the application data and there is no way to recover it unless you created a library backup file under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library. On Android 11 and higher, when uninstalling, there is an option to keep the application data when uninstalilng, which can let you reinstall without losing everything.

Mike

Huh, well, the tablet is on Android 14, but I didn't see where that option appeared, if it was available. So, I naively went ahead, and am starting with a blank app. It's 7 months of stuff. The only part that is going to be difficult, is that my wife had written a number of annotations indicating various details at performance time that would be nice to recall. Anyway, it's done and we have to move on. The app is wonderful. I do understand the gigantic hassle that Google can be. I've encountered it as a user of some other apps that have had to make changes in Android 14 to allow certain storage methods to work. I should've done backups, but honestly everything was working so perfectly and for many months, so that I got complacent. Thanks for a really great app for music reading. My wife loves it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MS crashes immediately after opening, after installing v3.8.29 - by bwraith - 02-04-2024, 04:51 AM