• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
generate mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt
Question 
Is there a way to generate mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt locally? If I understand correctly, it is generated in the synchronization process.

My problem is this: for whatever reason, the only way I can get my Windows MobileSheets to properly update the OneDrive cloud is to delete mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt in the OneDrive folder. This unfortunately results in deleting all of the song files and re-uploading them. This is a slow process and also fills up the recycle bin.

I "manually" maintain all of the files other than mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt into the OneDrive folder, because I synchronize my Windows machines simply by using the OneDrive folder as the database storage location. But, for synchronizing Android and iPad versions, I use the actual "synchronize to a cloud folder" method.

So, it seems to me if I could generate the mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt and replace the obsolete one in the OneDrive folder, then the Androids and iPads would have all the data necessary to update only the new and modified files -- without my having to delete and re-upload all of the song files from the server computer. My understanding is that the practical result of this whole process is to generate the new hashcodes file, since I have previously already uploaded the current mobilesheets.db and each new or modified song file.

(When I try to simply "update" the cloud, synchronization crashes upon encountering the first new or modified file. I understand from prior support discussion that this is a malfunction, but my MobileSheets installation is too complex to "start over" with a fresh install and try and troubleshoot the issue ...)

Synchronization from the cloud to the Adroids and iPads works fine, once I have gone through the re-upload process ...

Messages In This Thread
generate mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt - by basd - 02-19-2024, 03:49 AM