• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How exactly works the sysex-communication beween MS and Genos2 ?
I would be very grateful if I could get some helpful information on my problem described below.
It relates to the link between MS and my Genos2 via SysEx.

I have been using MobileSheets (MS) on my Windows 11 notebook for several years. This notebook is connected to my Genos2 keyboard. I display the note PDFs with MS on a larger screen in front of me. Everything has worked great so far and I'm very happy with it.
In December 2023, I replaced my previous Genos with the Genos2. As a result, I have started to revise my registrations (new styles, new voices) and have also renewed large parts of the sheet music PDFs.
When revising the registration files, I used the "Yamaha Registration Manager" (YRM) from Murray Best (version 5.4, with Genos2) to make minor changes to the registrations. Among other things, I changed the transpose settings with the YRM and saved them with the YRM software (SW).

When revising the sheet music, I did not change the file names (PDFs, reg. files in Genos2), and the location of the PDFs for MS under "C:\Users\....\Documents\MobileSheets" is also unchanged.
Previously, I was also able to save revised PDFs under Ducuments\MobileSheets without any problems, the link was unchanged and worked fine too.

After using YRM-SW, however, the link from MS<>Genos2 was no longer available, and editing by a new link was also not possible and successfully done. I therefore had to delete this PDF-file in MS and had to insert it again as a new file, sfterwards the link was usable again.

I would be interested in:
How exactly does the link work with SysEx?
Where exactly are the SysEx commands saved and how (in the Reg. file?)?
Remark: Using a hex editor, I could not find any SysEx entries in the Reg.-structure.
What could be the error or be the cause for this not working link (as described above)?

Thanks for any feedback,
Klaus

Messages In This Thread
How exactly works the sysex-communication beween MS and Genos2 ? - by Klaus M - 03-16-2024, 09:34 PM