• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
open pdf with different pdf viewer/editor
That is sort of a complicated question, because it depends on how annotations are made using other programs. Programs that use the annotation capabilities defined in the PDF spec (such as ezPDF and Adobe) make their annotations in such a way that it gets embedded in the PDF document itself. MobileSheets does not do this - it overlays the annotations on top of the PDF, leaving the original document intact. To my knowledge, the other sheet music readers on iPad do this as well. So, to sum it up, in most cases, MobileSheets will read annotations made by other programs, but other programs will not be able to see annotations made by MobileSheets.

I'm working on sharing capabilities so that you could easily send your entire song to another MobileSheets user, and the annotations would be intact. If your arranger/sub were using MobileSheets, then this wouldn't be a problem. If they use some other program, then I can see there might be an issue there.

It would be extremely time consuming and complex for me to add support for embedding the annotations directly in the PDF. I don't think I can support this any time soon, but I would consider it for the future. I hope that helps.

Messages In This Thread
RE: open pdf with different pdf viewer/editor - by Zubersoft - 12-27-2012, 03:12 AM