• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user problems
Hi Paul,

There is logic in MobileSheets to try to automatically group files that have very similar names into the same song. This is done so that if you have a files named, "Song File 1.png", "Song File 2.png", and "Song File 3.png", it will recognize that they share the same title and will account for that. Unfortunately, your naming convention is apparently conflicting with this logic, as you said that all six files were grouped into one song. Just to clarify - this happened during a batch import, right? The process for grouping files is currently to first check if the lengths of the filenames are within three characters. If so, ignore the first 3 characters, and last 3 characters, and then see if the middle matches. If so, then verify that either the start or end of the strings are identical (depending upon whether people numbered the strings at the start or end of the filename). Given that logic, I believe your files should have been grouped fairly well... I verified this on the tablet code though, so maybe you will have better luck with the tablet batch import.

Your description of the failed import on the tablet is a little concerning. Before you try the batch import again, I would try a clean start with your library by going to Options->Utilities->Clear Library, and deselecting the external storage so that it doesn't delete any of the files you are trying to import. Next, when you do the batch import, uncheck the option for "Copy Files" since the files you want to use are already in the right location on your external SD card (right?). Let me know if you have any more success with this. There may still be some incorrect groupings based on the filenames, so you will have to let me know how it goes.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
New user problems - by polomora - 04-15-2014, 06:18 AM
RE: New user problems - by Zubersoft - 04-15-2014, 02:50 PM
New user problems - by polomora - 04-15-2014, 06:56 PM
RE: New user problems - by Zubersoft - 04-16-2014, 03:11 PM
RE: New user problems - by Zubersoft - 04-22-2014, 03:50 PM
RE: New user problems - by polomora - 04-24-2014, 05:04 AM
RE: New user problems - by Zubersoft - 04-25-2014, 02:34 AM
RE: New user problems - by polomora - 04-27-2014, 02:34 AM