• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user problems
You are correct that I did not explain the expected filename format for image files. I will try to fix that when I rewrite the manual.

I also am getting rid of the support for the subdirectory parsing features, as I don't think they are necessary. To sum up what it does, if you put all of your files under folders such as
Code:
[Artist name]
    [Album name]
         [Genre name]
               [File]
then MobileSheets will automatically populate those fields in the songs that are created. You can use just one folder for artist, or two if you want artist and then album, etc. I was just trying to give people a method to structure their files in such a way that they could avoid having to type in those fields manually.

Avoid duplicate songs just looks at files that are currently being used by any song in the library, and if a match is found, that file is not imported. If you have multiple versions of the same tune, there should be no problem using this feature so long as the file you import is named differently.

The import will look at whatever folder you specify as the input, and will do one of two things. If you select "Copy Files", it will copy every file it finds to a folder managed by MobileSheets. If you uncheck this option, it will use the files in their original location. If you like to manage your own files, always leave this copy option unchecked. There is a similar option in the song editor if you tap the hammer & wrench icon, so uncheck it there as well. Like I said before, I'm working on simplifying all this as it's gotten a little complex. As you suggested, the next version just gives you two choices in the main settings screen:

1) Do you want to let MobileSheets manage your files?
2) Choose the storage folder for MobileSheets

If you choose yes to 1, then MobileSheets will copy files to the storage folder during imports, so that everything is maintained under one folder. The storage folder is still required even if you choose no to 1, as sometimes you may want to import songs from dropbox or other cloud storage, and those files need to be copied somewhere (so that MobileSheets doesn't require an internet connection to be used). The default location is probably fine for most users though (it's the location that is currently being used).

I hope that makes sense. Sorry for the hassle - I'm working on fixing it so I don't lose new users due to issues like these.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
New user problems - by polomora - 04-15-2014, 06:18 AM
RE: New user problems - by Zubersoft - 04-15-2014, 02:50 PM
New user problems - by polomora - 04-15-2014, 06:56 PM
RE: New user problems - by Zubersoft - 04-16-2014, 03:11 PM
RE: New user problems - by Zubersoft - 04-22-2014, 03:50 PM
RE: New user problems - by polomora - 04-24-2014, 05:04 AM
RE: New user problems - by Zubersoft - 04-25-2014, 02:34 AM
RE: New user problems - by polomora - 04-27-2014, 02:34 AM