• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress on Annotations and Odd Crash
(09-17-2012, 01:53 PM)TheatricalLady Wrote: Thanks for the update Mike - sorry again if I am pestering - I am just really excited about the prospect of the annotations in MobileSheets - it is the one thing that my friends hold over me with thier ipads at the moment - I cant wait to help with the testing Smile and have a stable product we can use Smile Super excited - hope all went well over the weekend. Smile

I put in a lot of time on Annotations this weekend (around 25 hours). I was hoping to get the beta version ready, but there were a slew of technical issues that prevented me from getting as far as I hoped. The Android API makes some things really easy, and other things extremely difficult.

As an overview for how I'm handling annotations, I wanted it to be similar to powerpoint drawing. You can create textboxes, lines, rectangles, circles, highlight, and drop bitmaps (stamps) on top of the sheet music. You can edit properties for each of these. With textboxes, as you can see in the images below, I have a separate floating window that is used for input, as it was easier to implement this way. You can select items either by dragging a selection window, tapping on them, or using the list in the top left. There is also full support for undo/redo. Hopefully this will be intuitive to people. I'll be anxious to hear feedback from the beta testers once everything is ready.

The images below are just a preview. Anything is subject to change, but it at least gives you an idea of how things are progressing:

First, I created a textbox and entered in some text.
[Image: ann1.png]

Next, I created a second textbox and entered in text. I then made it bold, increased the size, and chose a different font. I also clicked the checkbox that specifies it should have a border (in the extra settings you can get to by tapping the little overflow button below the x in the floating window).
[Image: ann2.png]

You can see the text in the top right has a border now, whereas the first textbox does not. I also decided to create a rectangle and a line. The line was selected, and then I drew a selection box around everything.
[Image: ann3.png]

After releasing the selection box, it selection everything, which you can see by the blue-dashed lines around everything, and the checkboxes in the list at the top left. With everything selected, you could change the foreground color for them all at once, or the fill color, etc.
[Image: ann4.png]

I'll keep working to get things done as fast as possible. Hopefully by next weekend I'll have a beta version ready. Thanks everyone for your patience.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Progress on Annotations and Odd Crash - by Zubersoft - 09-17-2012, 05:10 PM