• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DISASTER! - un-dismissable message box
Cool!

Yep, I think that a tablet with MS blows away paper sheet music pretty much every time, unless maybe if you have a dedicated page turner.

But, tech glitches can kill you.

It sounds like you are about as prepared as you can be for that.

(07-08-2014, 04:40 AM)tjrob Wrote: I, too, have two tablets and two pedals. I keep the tablets up-to-date, and bring all to every rehearsal and concert (does a symphony orchestra do 'gigs'?).

I keep the two tablets in sync by simply having my laptop be the master copy, and bulk-importing its directories to each tablet. I use annotations on my Mac, not in MobileSheets; I run the Companion in a virtual machine running Windows Xp. The only difference between the two tablets is that my Bluetooth pedal is connected to only one of them; the USB pedal of course connects to either.

BTW I also have about 600 songs uploaded. As a trombonist said when he saw that: "I guess this will make fake books obsolete." Personally, I do not improvise much and cannot play very well from a fake book, but I can read the piano part of almost any song.

Amusing anecdote: During our first rehearsal of one piece, necessarily playing from paper, my quick look-ahead showed me a piano solo with a page turn in the middle; so I sight-read it right-hand-only until after the turn. The conductor noticed that and joked to the violins: "that's what to do when the music gets hard -- just play one-handed!"

Messages In This Thread
DISASTER! - un-dismissable message box - by tjrob - 07-07-2014, 02:41 PM
RE: DISASTER! - un-dismissable message box - by jeffn1 - 07-08-2014, 05:42 AM