Poll: Would you like Master/Slave multiple tablets control option added to MobileSheets?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
75.86%
22 75.86%
NO
24.14%
7 24.14%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bluetooth master/slave multiple tablets control
(04-18-2015, 06:03 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I believe bluetooth connections can only be between two devices, due to the nature of pairing. Everything I have read says that bluetooth just does not support this. It's a limitation of the technology, not the devices.

Mike

I was so desperate I did try to connect AirTurn with two Nexus 7 tablets at the same time. So I can obviously confirm this does not work.

BUT as posted by "Popoff" up to 8 Bluetooth devices can form a network called a piconet. One of these devices is designated as master and all other devices are slaves.

If you need to connect more devices two piconets can be connected by bridging - where one of the slaves acts as the master for its own piconet. Such a network of piconets is called a scatternet.

[Image: main-qimg-02b5f4e96e46954f90dcf548b1acd174]

Android-Multi-Bluetooth-Library mentioned in earlier post by popoff has Beer-Ware license and has additional information at http://arissa34.github.io/Android-Multi-...h-Library/
Is there somebody with knowledge and will at this forum who could help to implement Bluetooth networking to MobileSheets?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bluetooth master/slave multiple tablets control - by otnt - 04-27-2015, 09:25 AM