Poll: Would you like Master/Slave multiple tablets control option added to MobileSheets?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
75.86%
22 75.86%
NO
24.14%
7 24.14%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bluetooth master/slave multiple tablets control
(04-27-2015, 06:37 PM)otnt Wrote:
(04-27-2015, 12:46 PM)bumblebee Wrote: .... I have a small TP-link device to act as wifi hotspot...
...another alternative might be using Chromecast.

My idea was to declutter the stage (also avoid more stuff I have to carry to the gig).
Same idea as why MobileSheets exist - to avoid carrying heavy books.

Bluetooth offers automatic network configuration, authentication and service discovery; thereby making setting up an ad-hoc network much simpler for the average user, who is unlikely to be familiar with networking protocols and router configuration.

As the video show (around 1:52min mark) in my first post if MobileSheets Master could send page turning and song changing commands only I would be very happy.

I've also been waiting for this feature. In fact, I'm also eagerly waiting the Windows 8 version, but until then I'm determined to make Mobilesheets Pro work under Console OS, which is native android on the PC. Not quite there yet.. but I'll get it!

For now I've been using an Acer R7 gen 2 laptop with stylus for all the chart viewing for our band, as well as using it to write and edit our charts. I'm just using the standard Windows 8 PDF viewer along with an Airturn pedal. I use an HDMI splitter to send the signal to other monitors across the stage so that all the musicians have a 2 page view of the song. I'll compile the full setlist into one large PDF using Foxit Phantom, and any requests or deviations from the setlist can quickly be searched and pulled up as an additional tab in the pdf viewer. It's fast on stage, but clunky to set up every time, and changing setlist orders or swapping songs from the big pdf compiled file is tedious.

I'm hoping that this latest announcement from Microsoft regarding their support for porting android apps to Windows will be helpful to Mark in making the transition.

cheers,
Carlin
www.bigcityallstarband.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bluetooth master/slave multiple tablets control - by carlinlemon - 05-04-2015, 07:43 PM