Poll: Would you like Master/Slave multiple tablets control option added to MobileSheets?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
75.86%
22 75.86%
NO
24.14%
7 24.14%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bluetooth master/slave multiple tablets control
(01-14-2015, 10:52 AM)otnt Wrote:
(01-11-2015, 04:35 PM)Kyle Wrote: You will have to decide which method you want to use; bluetooth or Wi-Fi.

I hope to be able to TURN SHEET MUSIC "hands free" as most of the musicians do use both hands while performing. All wireless turners I know are Bluetooth. Please let me know if you know about some Wi-Fi wireless page turners. In this case I would get Sony DPT-S1 and I can forget about android apps to TURN SHEET MUSIC "hands free".

In this case, the discussion was more along the lines of "master/slave multiple tablets control" which makes sense in an ensemble, where one person makes the musical selections "on the fly" for the rest of the group. I play the viola in a string quintet, and when we are playing an unstructured gig (in other words, we're making musical selections "on the fly"), the first violinist decides what song to play, then verbally tells the other four musicians. This happens after every song. However, in a noisy (read 'party') environment, it is often difficult to catch the name of the song we're supposed to play. This is where the "master/slave" control would come in very handy. The leader (first violinist, in my case) would simply select the song he was going to play, and it would automatically load on the connected "slave" tablets. Each individual would still have their own hands-free page turning device, since not all songs can be efficiently paged the same.

(01-11-2015, 04:35 PM)Kyle Wrote: Wi-Fi has a much better transmitting distance...

This was discussed five years ago at the iOS forums. Since then most iOS developers are using Bluetooth. Most of the places are cluttered with interfering WiFi signals. WiFi is dodgy in this case. It is advantage to use localised little Bluetooth network. And Bluetooth 4 is ultra low power.

Most mobile devices have Bluetooth distance of 30'~60' compared to Wi-Fi at ~150'. Most Android devices can also be their own Wi-Fi hot-spot, removing the need for an existing Wi-Fi network. To be fair though, 60' really is plenty for most occasions!

(01-11-2015, 04:35 PM)Kyle Wrote: ...not all Windows devices have bluetooth...
Not really sure why Windows is mentioned but you can get tiny BT dongles for Windows devices.
I mentioned Windows because Mike plans to port MS to Windows as an app sometime in the future.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 with Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bluetooth master/slave multiple tablets control - by Kyle - 01-20-2015, 03:40 PM