• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setlist Song Order Shuffle tool
(11-30-2014, 07:47 AM)pax_eterna Wrote: Well we will just have to disagree. I have been creating setlists for about 30 years so I am fully aware of the need for specific gigs to set songs in an order that best suits how one wants a gig to flow.

I think you're right - we will have to agree to disagree, although I'm not sure that the years we have been creating setlists has any bearing on the matter (for the record, I've been doing it for over 50 years Sad and it's about time I got someone else to do it!).

(11-30-2014, 07:47 AM)pax_eterna Wrote: However when doing smaller intimate gigs, bars restaurants etc, then being able to randomly create a setlist is great. It really can refresh what you are playing. Much the same as shuffling an album (music) ...listening to songs in a different order almost creates a new album experience!

I suppose, if you are playing a similar sort of musical style throughout the evening (as you most likely might be doing in, say, a restaurant) shuffling would work, if only for the performers. However, if the band plays across a number of styles/genres, then shuffling a setlist could produce some strange relationships between successive numbers - which is why I wouldn't do it.

I think you are being a little unfair to music producers, you have no idea of the thought that is often put into song order and track gapping, only to have someone upset their carefully crafted arrangement.

(11-25-2014, 11:11 AM)Zuberman Wrote: There is currently a shuffle feature available in MS Pro that I'm reworking to be a little easier to use. You will be able to set how you want the setlist ordered (a-z, manual, shuffle), and if you select shuffle, and option will be available in the action bar overflow menu to "reshuffle".

Good old Mike - problem solved and we should both be happy Smile .
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here

Messages In This Thread
Setlist Song Order Shuffle tool - by pax_eterna - 11-25-2014, 05:50 AM
RE: Setlist Song Order Shuffle tool - by GraemeJ - 11-25-2014, 10:18 AM
RE: Setlist Song Order Shuffle tool - by GraemeJ - 11-30-2014, 10:24 AM
RE: Setlist Song Order Shuffle tool - by jeffn1 - 12-02-2014, 04:35 AM