• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PDF workflow
New to MobileSheets, I was wondering what work flow folks used to get their PDFs into shape for use the program.

I've been migrating my 15 year old music into PDFs using the following sequence in batches:

1. Scan into a PDF using the work copier. I scan songs with single pages first, setting the resolution at 600x600 and creating a single file for each page. The copier has a feature where by each page is saved as it's own file.

2. Then scan songs one at a time that have multiple pages after changing the copier/scanner setting. It also can save multiple pages as one file per song.

3. Using File Explorer, or whatever Windows calls their file manager these days, I rename each 18 alpha/digit copier PDF name each file with the name of the song.

4. Using PDF Scissors, https://sites.google.com/site/pdfscissors/ I trim the margins on each song to maximize the display of the content. This product is free and works great. It can do single pages, stacked pages and treat even and odd pages simultaneously using different margin settings. Brilliant.

5. To save time in Pdf Scissors, the new cropped file is saved with the default _scissored appended to the file name. No worries, after a batch of cropping, I move all the scissored files into a new folder and use another brilliant Windows program
Bulk Rename Utility, http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php to change the file name back it's original.

I use it to remove the _scissored filename adder to entire folder seconds.

6. The files are now ready to batch import into MS.

I use dropbox to store all my files as I work with them which offers safety as well as portability. I plan to keep my libraries and backups there. In some of my forum reading, it appears as though the author will allow file access to this storage medium as well in a future release.

Anybody got a smoother work flow? Only been at this for a week but can't wait to stop lugging around that stinking heavy suitcase worth of guitar music!

GP
Samsung 12.2 Note Pro & Note 4

Messages In This Thread
PDF workflow - by GuitarPlayer - 12-17-2014, 11:18 AM
RE: PDF workflow - by maintech - 01-20-2015, 04:31 AM
RE: PDF workflow - by jeffn1 - 01-25-2015, 07:22 AM
RE: PDF workflow - by tjrob - 02-23-2015, 07:23 AM