• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
illegal characters in path during restore
(01-04-2013, 06:10 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I'll look into this Steven.

Thank you! I should mention that I found a workaround yesterday after posting this message. In particular I restored the backup on my tablet, with the side effect of moving the location of the database from internal storage to my SD card (which is where I should have put it in the first place :-). That allowed me to copy the files from the SD card back to my computer.

As it happens, two files weren't restored correctly (both songs with a question mark in the title), so I had to rescan those -- but that's trivial, compared to having to rescan the almost 100 files I'd unintentionally deleted, so I'm happy. I still filed a bug report, though (but 16 in your bugzilla), since I thought you'd like to see the details.

While I'm writing to you anyway, I'd like to make a feature request: Could the batch import procedure store and default to the last location that was used for the import? I scanned and imported another batch of files last night, and that was when I noticed that even though the "Copy Files TO:" location for my previous import was "Removable Storage", the new one defaulted to "SD Card" -- which on Samsung devices (at least, the only two I've used, namely the Galaxy S3 and the Galaxy Note 10.1) actually means *internal* storage. This is a subtle point, and one which I might easily have missed if I hadn't just done the restore to the external SD card the same day.

Thanks again for all your hard work on MobileSheets!

- Steven

Messages In This Thread
RE: illegal characters in path during restore - by smw - 01-05-2013, 07:17 AM