• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
meta-data lost when replacing pdf file
Mike,
[Re: MSbeta v1.2.3; MS Companion 1.6.3; samsung 12.2 tab proseveral
Over the weekend, I imported a 100 song library (separate pdf's for each song) using companion and I was amazed on how smooth the process was.  Did notice a couple of issues during this import process as follows:
1)  after importing all songs & then manually entering meta-data using companion, I tried to replace several pdf files only to find that a separate song was generated (same filename) with no meta data. Would have expected  the old pdf file be replaced with the newest one and thus retaining any original metadata.  Re-entering several song's metadata was a frustrating experience  Is replacing a pdf file while retaining metadata possible? 

2)  while entering metadata, noticed that when I was searching for a selection using the "select item screen", the 1st entry appears at the bottom of the list vs the top (i.e., when selecting an artist beginning with G, the 1st G  artist appears at bottom of the pg & I found myself having to click on the bottom entry in order  to see the full list of G  artists)

3) noticed there is no scroll bar on the select item screen for alphabetical searches. 

That does it Mike - Paul H

Messages In This Thread
meta-data lost when replacing pdf file - by Paul H - 04-16-2015, 06:29 AM