• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
remove white spaces around music sheets
Okay, here are my 2 cents on cropping/zooming. I will start with a little background on my usage.

I sing in a choir, and the music I import into MobileSheets is a combination of the following:
1. Scanned by me from paper
2. Created by me from music layout programs (Noteworthy Composer, MuseScore, Lilypad)
3. PDF scores purchased online
4. Scores of type 1 and 2 above, but created by other choir members with tablets

For documents of types 1 and 2, I choose page size and margins that are compatible with my tablet and create PDF scores that I can directly consume. No zooming or cropping is needed.

Some of the other tablet-wielding choir members have iPads, so the scans/documents they make are optimized for the 4:3 aspect ratio, whereas the ones I create are optimized for 16:10.

For documents of types 3 and 4, I often need to crop or zoom, because the document aspect ratio and/or margins don't match my tablet. The current Zoom function works for this sometimes, but not if the scan/document has uneven margins.

By the way, it just occurred to me that for cropping, it would be possible to allow the cropped document to be stretched to fill the screen (i.e. not preserving the original aspect ratio). I don't think I would want this behavior; I prefer my music to "look right" even if there will be extra white space at the top/bottom or left/right. But for people who don't mind, you could have a "Preserve Aspect Ratio" checkbox.

This raises another question, that is relative to a question/issue I posted elsewhere: if I have documents with zoom or crop settings, and I share them with another MobileSheets user via a restored backup, how would those settings be handled by the other tablet, if its screen size/format was different than mine?

Messages In This Thread
RE: remove white spaces around music sheets - by Snard - 01-15-2013, 07:17 AM