• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Half page display mode for small pages
Hi!

I have started using the half page display mode, and it is really wonderful!  I had a nice surprise when I scrolled to small pages (i.e. cropped to only a small portion of the page to go to a DS, Coda, etc.).  The one thing I find difficult to manage, though, is that when the pages I scroll to are small enough to show up together, MobileSheetsPro has the smart to show them right away as a single page, kind of.  However, it does not keep the position of the half page already displayed, which makes it hard to follow when reading quickly.

Not sure I am making myself clear.  Let's say I have made my song into 5 pages to handle a DS with a coda.  The DS target is at the bottom of true page 1, the "go to coda" is at the top of page 2, and my coda is at the bottom of page 2.  I have made my page sequencing 1,2,1,2,2, and cutoff the pages to only show the relevant portion - so my new page 3 only shows from DS and on, my new page 4 shows only up to "go to coda", and my page 5 only shows the actual coda.

When I scroll from page 1, I see the top of page 2.  Beautiful.
When I scroll again, I see the full page 2.  Beautiful­.
When I scroll again, I see the bottom of page 1 (DS).  Beautiful.
When I scroll again, I see the entire bottom of page 1 (DS) + the entire top of page 2 (go to coda).  However, the bottom of page 1 (i.e. DS at the top of my screen) jumps up to accomodate displaying the next half page - makes it hard to keep reading that top of the screen.
When I scroll again, I see the entire top of page 2 (go to coda) + the entire bottom of page 2 (coda).  This time, the top of page 2 (go to coda) jumps up to the top half of the screen, again, making it hard to keep reading that portion.

I am wracking my brain to figure out a way to show the combined pages and avoid an extra page turn, but I can't find a way to prevent the jumping.  So I guess I would rather have to turn pages extra times in order to keep the page display more stable.

I have also thought about not cutting off the pages to trim the parts I don't play on the DS, however, I'll end up getting a page turn to the portion I don't need to play, and will need to page turn again to the bottom part of page 1, which will actually remove the benefit of the half-page turn.

I do want to congratulate you again on the new app, though.  It is really great and offers a lot of neat stuff!!!!

Messages In This Thread
Half page display mode for small pages - by mjlarocque - 04-19-2015, 01:21 AM