• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets v4.0.2 and MobileSheets Companion v1.4.1 Released
The reason I don't currently handle the long press as you hold it is a little complicated. If I enable the ability to process long presses in Google's touch detector, I lose the ability to detect scrolling (don't ask me why they implemented it this way). I need scrolling, as it's essential for landscape mode. So I'm basically performing a time-based calculation when you release your finger to see if you held it down a certain amount of time (constituting a long press). This was a simple way to implement it. In order to handle a long press in the more intuitive fashion, I would need to either create a background thread to watch how long the finger is down (assuming I can poll for this information), or I would need to perform more calculations during touch move events to see if the user is barely moving their finger for a certain duration of time (this is probably how Google implements theirs). I'll study Google's code a little more, and see what I can do. If I can implement better long press detection, I will.

Thanks for your feedback Snard, and for helping answer other questions on the forum. I really appreciate that. Let me know if I can do anything to help obscure less of your screen with the overlay. You can disable the page slider if you want, but I'm not sure what to do about the bottom buttons.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MobileSheets v4.0.2 and MobileSheets Companion v1.4.1 Released - by Zubersoft - 01-29-2013, 09:36 AM