• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any fix for loss of the virtual keyboard on a Galaxy Note Pro with an Air-turn Ped
(06-13-2015, 12:38 AM)sciurius Wrote: I've tried it on 4.4.2 -- no problem.
Choose Settings > Language & Input > Keyboards & Input Methods > Default.
You get the "Choose Input Method" dialog, that has the Hardware (Physical keyboard) slider on top.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Afraid not. As I and others in previous threads already mentioned, there is no keyboard slider setting on a Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 running 4.4.2. 

I have run into this issue with Samsung in the past where they have made a particular model that has an anomaly not seen in a very similar one. I had a Galaxy Note 8 some time ago that would not allow my Mac Mail account to be installed in the embedded Samsung email app despite the fact it ran perfectly on all my other Samsung devices. In the end I used a third party email app and never got to the bottom of the issue. It was very frustrating and Samsung tech support were about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Android OS versions seems to interact differently with different devices even within the same family. I'm not hopeful of a solution here but if it's only a question of powering off the PED to gain access to the keyboard then so be it as I certainly don't think the problem lies with the brilliant MobileSheets app.

Cheers, Martin.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any fix for loss of the virtual keyboard on a Galaxy Note Pro with an Air-turn Ped - by Martycee - 06-13-2015, 06:29 PM
To Sam or to Sung - by sciurius - 07-18-2015, 06:08 PM