• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing page order does strange things to cropping and annotations
I think we are basically saying the same thing. It's just not entirely straight-forward to figure out which pages to copy if the same source page is already present multiple times in the page ordering and you decide to change the page order drastically. For example, if I have 1,3-4,6,1,3-4,6, and then I decide to add "1,3-4,6" again at the end, I have to decide programmatically which instance of those pages to copy annotations/cropping from. I could just default to using the first instance found in the previous page ordering, but there are plenty of times where that would be wrong, and people might argue I should use the last instance. Also, if I do something like remove some of the pages in the middle, I'm currently preserving the page the annotations are assigned to (in terms of the song's pages, not the source file) in case the user changes the page ordering multiple times in a row. This of course is why the annotations don't currently shift to match their originally assigned page. Going forward, I'm going to have to just outright delete all of the information for the pages if the page order is changed and pages are removed. People will just have to realize that changing the page order can have a large impact on what annotations/cropping values are present on a given page.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changing page order does strange things to cropping and annotations - by Zubersoft - 07-08-2015, 10:41 AM