• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch Import of song with different titles
Question 
I want to import a complete book of sheets (one pdf per page) and want to be able to determine the titles of the songs by any property but not the filename. In my songbook I have up to 10 different titles for one single song.
For examle the first song in the book has 3 different titles and all of them use the identical pdf file.

To be memory efficient, I want the different songs to show up as different titles, but all of them point to one and the same pdf (or set of pdfs). It would be easy if I would do it manually. But with more than 350 pages (200 songs and about 600 different song titles) it would simply take too long.

Is there any solution available I could use directly? Up to now, I only found solutions, where the title of the song is derived from the filename. This would lead to duplicated files with different filenames, which is not efficient and a lot of work to build and rename the pdf-files.

I could imagine 2 different solutions:
- The recently released batch import where the directory names are used for tagging the songs; the only problem with that is, that currently it's not possible to determine the title of the song by the directory name
- a csv based import in which I can define each song by a title and one or more pdf files by name. In this case a single pdf or a set of several pdfs could be used for several songs which look identical but has a different title

Since I have a list of the song names (titles) both solutions could be done more or less automatically. I could really save a lot of time, if anybody could give me a hint or a possible solution of my problem. Maybe I'm not the only one having such a problem.

Messages In This Thread
Batch Import of song with different titles - by Audioliebhaber - 03-03-2016, 06:54 AM