• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any update on midi over WiFi?
(03-16-2016, 06:06 PM)Zuberman Wrote: The only MIDI over WiFi library for Android that I'm aware of is nmj, which you can see here: http://www.humatic.de/htools/nmj/

It's the library used by TouchDAW, as they developed it. It is available for use for non-commercial apps, which is why you can see it in free apps. When I contacted them about a license, they were very willing to work with me, but they wanted a percentage of all of my sales to use their library. That's not something I'm willing to do, for obvious reasons. I would pay a fixed cost to use their library, but they did not provide any such options in their response. I may pursue this again in the future to see if they would be willing to let me use the library for a flat fee (either one time or annually).

Mike

Thanks, Mike. Being able to send midi over wi-fi from MSPro would be an amazing feature and avoid trailing cables across the stage. I've looked at getting a wireless midi interface, but as far as I can tell they don't handle midi from USB (someone please correct me if I am wrong!!) only from standard midi connections.

I currently use TouchOSC with TouchBridge and it works really well for a remote control surface.

I hope Humatic will relent and make their code more accessible. I would be happy to pay extra for the feature, as I'm sure others would too! Perhaps 2 versions of MSPro? One with and one without wifi? That way we, the users, could pay the difference for the feature.

Keep us posted!

Cheers!
Brian

Messages In This Thread
Any update on midi over WiFi? - by brianvic - 03-16-2016, 05:51 PM
RE: Any update on midi over WiFi? - by Zubersoft - 03-16-2016, 06:06 PM
RE: Any update on midi over WiFi? - by brianvic - 03-26-2016, 08:35 PM
RE: Any update on midi over WiFi? - by Skip - 03-27-2016, 12:18 AM