• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sending midi to multiple ports
Hi

I'm considering buying a Midisport 2x2 AE and wondered if MSPro can see both outputs when connected via USB? If so can it send the midi commands to both outputs simultaneously so that the same command can be seen by 2 devices?

I am trying to find a setup where I can use MSPro song selection to set the correct patches on both my Korg Krome and Cantabile 3 on my laptop. I can learn midi on Cantabile and have successfully set the correct patch on the Korg from the Cantabile song selection and I can set the patch directly on the Korg from MSPro.

On stage my tablet and my keyboard are right in front of me, but the laptop often has to be placed behind me, and out of reach, due to space. I want to minimise the cable spaghetti so if I could take the MSPro midi and merge it with the Korg midi I can send both to the laptop. BUT I would also want MSPro to set the patch on the Korg at the same time. That means having only one midi cable going to the laptop and not 2. Also using USB from the tablet without requiring a midi in/out cable from the tablet would also reduce clutter.

I currently use a Roland Duo audio interface which only has one midi input and so I need to be able to send the midi commands from MSPro to the laptop at the same time as midi note info from the Korg.

To complicate things further I would like to add another tablet to use for controlling Cantabile on the laptop for things like volume, pan, mute and solo. I think I have that sussed and will probably use TouchDAW or TouchOSC, both of which I can use over wi-fi and so not add to the cable clutter. It's a solution for the use of MSPro as my master controller for both laptop and Korg that's eluding me. The Korg Krome doesn't appear to offer any form of midi thru, or if it does I can't find it or make it work.

Has anyone already got a similar setup at all or any experience with MSPro and using it with the Midisport 2x2? Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated. I love MSPro and being able to use it to set up all my sounds on Korg and Laptop, while selecting a song, would be amazing!!

Thank you!!

Brian

Messages In This Thread
Sending midi to multiple ports - by brianvic - 03-16-2016, 10:40 PM
RE: Sending midi to multiple ports - by GraemeJ - 03-17-2016, 12:21 AM
RE: Sending midi to multiple ports - by Zubersoft - 03-17-2016, 02:54 PM
RE: Sending midi to multiple ports - by brianvic - 03-19-2016, 09:12 PM